|Join the party!|
World Vegan Day celebrations start early again this year! Don't miss the 5th West Midlands Vegan Festival on Sat 27th October!
|UK Vegan Awards|
Vote for your favourite vegan products etc!
|Be Our Friend!|
Join us on Twitter & Facebook
Please display a banner on your website, blog, Myspace etc. Click here to see various sizes.
Please help promote the festival. We have 1000's of colour leaflets/posters. Click here to order a batch or download/print yourself.
The Wolves Civic, North Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1RQ
(10 mins from bus/train st)
Click here for map etc.
Want To Help?
Would you like to help make sure the festival is a big success? Please consider helping in one or more of the following ways.
If you have a website, blog, Myspace etc where you could display a banner link to this site, please see our banners which come in assorted shapes and sizes. Alternatively, a simple text link would be much appreciated. Please use this url http://www.midlandsveganfestival.org.uk
We have thousands of vibrant colour leaflets(small A6 size) and posters (A4 size). We need your help to distribute them! We need to flood the Midlands (and beyond!) with leaflets/posters, anywhere that there are people who may be interested - so basically anywhere at all! Your school, college, cafe, workplace, library, church, community group, health food shop etc etc. If you're able to distribute/display some, or leave some where they can be distributed(ie. health food shop), we can post some to you, so please contact us stating the number you require and your address.
Alternatively, you can download the full colour leaflet and poster in pdf format below. Please copy and distribute as many as you can.
download the leaflet
download the poster
We have set up pages on Facebook and Twitter. Why not become our friend so you can stay tuned to event updates and forward them to all your friends! Post a comment to pledge your support.
Help spread the word, become our friend right now!
Whether you're a business, organisation or just an individual, you can help us to ensure the event is a big success by becoming a sponsor or by donating whatever you can afford. MVC event co-ordinators are volunteers - all donations received will be ploughed into publicity etc. Please make cheques payable to 'Midlands Vegan Campaigns' and contact us for a postal address. Thankyou!
We will need lots of help on the day, in many varied ways. Everything from leafletting in the street and handing out our programmes, to clearing tables and washing up! See all the volunteer tasks below:
Setting Up Before Event (from 9am)
Promotion (for 2 hour stints - 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm or 3-5pm):
- arrange tables ready for stallholders
- stallholder car parking attendants
- help arriving stallholders to find their pitch & set up
- display helpful signs around venue (eg "cookery demos this way" etc)
Upon Arrival (for 2 hour stints - 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm or 3-5pm):
- holding directional placard
- handing out free food samples in the street
Food and Drink (for 2 hour stints - 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm or 3-5pm):
- Welcome desk - taking £1 entrance fee off all adults
- Welcome desk - handing out free event programmes
- clearing and wiping clean the cafe tables
- free food sample stall (providing visitors with a variety of vegan samples, keeping platters topped up and distributing food donor details/recipes)
Other Important Tasks
- Introducing speakers, arranging seats, helping speakers set up etc
- Help set up and clear away before and after each of the cookery demos
In order to make sure the event runs as smoothly as possible, we need to find volunteers for all the above tasks(and quite possibly more!). If you can spare 2 or 3 hours or the whole day, we would love to hear from you! Just let us know what you'd prefer to do and when. Please email Dean, our volunteer co-ordinator dean_bracher[at]yahoo.co.uk
- co-ordination of volunteers - keep track of who's doing what and where!
- litterpicking inside the venue & immediately outside the venue
- taking lots of photos & filming the event
- encourage visitors to complete our questionnaire/feedback form
- Event announcements on the main stage in the Civic Hall (eg "cookery demo starts in 5 mins" or "we have a lost child, could the parents of Rosie come to the welcome desk please" etc)
|Many thanks to our sponsors|
|Fest 2011 Report|
Last year's festival was an incredible success, with 1,700 people attending! Click here for a full report and photos.
People choose the vegan lifestyle for various reasons, including:
A unique, online and mobile confectionery shop, which sells all your favourite vegan goodies! It's run by volunteers, with all profits ploughed into grassroots vegan outreach, including this festival!!
The festival is organised by Midlands Vegan Campaigns, a small group of dedicated volunteers.