Welcome to the new home of vegan campaigningWe promote veganism by raising awareness of the many benefits:
in the West Midlands region.
We organise a variety of regular events to get our message across:
- Animals are saved from imprisonment, misery and death
- Plant based diets are eco-friendly. Animal agriculture is one of the major causes of climate change
- Vegans are generally healthier than non vegans. We suffer less from many diseases and we live longer
- Adopting a plant based diet helps to reduce third world hunger & starvation!!
If you would like to receive occasional news/event emails from us, please subscribe to our email list or join us on Facebook and Twitter, where you can discuss veggie/vegan campaigning with likeminded people across the Midlands.
- Free Vegan Food Fairs
- Information and food sample stalls
- Mass leafletting - both door to door and in town centres, outside McDonalds etc
- We stage attention grabbing publicity stunts
- We join local environmental marches and organise transport to national events further affield
- We organise the annual West Midlands Vegan Festival
- We staged the UK`s first ever free outdoor veggie/vegan festival & carnival parade in Brum on Sat 16 May 09 - Veggie Pride UK
We dedicate this website to the memory of the `vegan visionary` Neil Lea, who died in July `07.Neil, despite being born with Spina Bifida and suffering from various other serious illnesses, devoted nearly 20 years of his life to campaigning for animals and veganism. He was responsible for many popular websites including www.realfood.org.uk , www.isitvegan.info and www.veganbuddies.org.uk. It was Neil who established the new concept of Free Vegan Food Fairs which have become so common throughout the UK and beyond. Neil also proposed forming a new group, Midlands Vegan Campaigns, in order to coordinate such fairs here in the West Midlands. So, here we are!!
RIP Neil, we will always miss you and will do our utmost to continue your fantastic work. Click here to read more about Neil.